Twenty Steps Of Climate Denial
“Twenty Steps Of Climate Denial” is the title of my first-ever Facebook quiz. Ever wondered if you are a climate change denialist? Wonder no more! You’ll know it all in less than 21 questions!
And now for a bit of background: 99.9% of the questions and answers are inspired by the curious adventures of Roger Pielke, Jr., replying to a barrage of question by a “gonzo journalist” that is either quite disturbed or very good at appearing so (I prefer the latter).
For those that can’t stand Facebook, here’s the list of “questions”:
- Your mountaintop removal coal operation is filthier than a Tiger Woods text message
- You have considered at least once the possibility that global warming might be “the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on mankind”
- You are a “junk science expert”
- After publishing an article of yours, the editor and half of Climate Research’s editorial board resign
- Your mission is to use arcane statistical analyses to break the “hockey stick”
- You are George Will, Roy Spencer, Marc Morano and/or admired by Glenn Beck
- You think global warming is basically a “political” issue
- You reluctantly admit that the earth is getting hotter, but insist that we’ll like the warmer weather
- You have called a gathering of activists in Copenhagen “Hitler Youth”
- Joe Romm dubbed you as the Most Debunked Science Writer in the Blogosphere
- You agree with this statement: “Post-normal science refers to situations in which knowledge is uncertain, values are contested and stakes are high.”
- You accept the scientific consensus on AGW, yet are often critical of climate scientists, for what you call “scientism” or “stealth advocacy”
- You have an article in Cato Institute’s “Regulation” magazine, or in “Energy and Environment”. Alternatively, you have worked for the George C. Marshall Institute or are a member of the House of Lords
- You are paid by the fossil fuel industry to lie
- You refuse to cap, trade, regulate or sufficiently tax carbon emissions
- Do greenhouse gases cause global warming?
- Does a hotter atmosphere mean more extreme weather?
- If not kept in check, will AGW be a source of increased costs of damage associated with hurricanes, floods, and extreme weather phenomena in the future?
- By dwelling on uncertainty, and implying that the science of climate change in some way is not “settled”, you have provided in the past a perfect excuse to do nothing
- You don’t renounce people like Anthony Watts