How To Link Record Cold And Snow To Global Warming…
…in a few easy steps!
- If a winter is warmer than the average, claim that as evidence that the globe is warming and the climate is changing, because winters are supposed to be cooler
- If the following winter is warmer than the average, go back to 1.
- If the following winter is average or colder, claim that as evidence that the globe is warming and the climate is changing, because even if winters were initially supposed to be as cold as the average, since recent winters have been warmer than that, then an average or cooler winter is a change in climate (and it is due to global warming because everything is)
Sadly, the above is not an example of sarcasm, but the unvarnished truth of some unbelievable debate currently at play in Italy. I may (or may not) translate the whole thing, but for now I’ll simply point to the record-breaking snowfalls in Piedmont and the Vallée d’Aoste, Northwestern Italy, where :
- the village of Balme has seen 170cm, 5’7″ of snow in just 24h (previous record in that part of the Alps: 115cm, 3’9″, again in Balme in 1933)
- Limone Piemonte has been buried in more than 200cm, 6’7″ of snow
- Champoluc, Vallée d’Aoste, is likely to be evacuated because of too much snow
I’ll also post quite spectacular pictures when I find the time. Couple of videos may suffice for now: