What indeed. But it’s not 2009 any longer. What have we learned?
- Enthusiasm for green projects has already damaged the environment eg by producing biofuels from forests and especially rainforest
- The Mohammed al-Ajami story has shown that human rights are too easily trumped by green considerations
- Green thinking has let dubious claims pollute the scientific discourse, or even kill it
- The BBC has lost its face and a lot of money for nothing at all in 28Gate
- There is lots of aimless activity on the CO2 emission side
- Plenty of bankruptcies and broken green promises in the fields of energy generation and cars
The list could continue for ever and ever. What if there is a Brave New Climate World in front of us instead?